Auto Insurance in Washington State
Washington is known for its lush green forests, which is why it's sometimes referred to as the Evergreen State! You can admire this greenery when you're on the road, but you should ensure you have suitable auto insurance coverage before stepping behind the wheel. If you're looking for auto insurance in University Place, WA, MTC Insurance Agency Group can help you immediately.
What Are the Requirements for Auto Insurance in Washington?
In Washington state, all drivers are required to carry an auto insurance policy that provides liability coverage. The minimum requirements are:
- $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person
- $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident
- $10,000 of property damage coverage per accident
If you lease or finance your car, you may be required to carry a policy with a higher level of coverage. You should also ensure that your auto insurance policy is sufficient for your needs.
How Much Auto Insurance Coverage Do You Need?
Washington's minimum insurance requirements are unlikely to be enough to cover your expenses in the event of an accident. For your peace of mind, you may want to consider additional coverage. The types of coverage available include:
- Collision coverage: This covers damage to a vehicle caused by a collision with an object, such as a tree, fence, or telephone pole.
- Comprehensive coverage: This optional coverage protects against non-collision damages and losses, including theft, vandalism, and weather-related damage.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): If you're unable to work because of injuries related to an accident, PIP can provide up to $200 per week in income replacement coverage, with total coverage maxing out at $10,000 per week.
It isn't always easy to find an auto insurance policy that fits your needs and budget well. Thankfully, MTC Insurance Agency Group can help you find a policy you're happy with. If you'd like a free quote, give us a call today!