Flood Insurance in Washington State

Did you know that one inch of flood water can cause tens of thousands of dollars and damage? It doesn't take much to cause tremendous financial strife. That's where the knowledgeable staff at MTC Insurance Agency Group in University Place, WA comes in. We will help you find the right coverage for your needs.

What is flood insurance?

Most of the time, we use insurance to protect ourselves from catastrophic and unexpected events. For many homeowners, it's common to believe that the typical policy offers all the coverage you need. But, most homeowner's insurance policies in Washington cover flood damage.

Flood insurance is an essential but separate policy that can cover buildings and their contents:

  • Building property coverage helps protect the physical structure of your home. It also protects its foundation, electrical and plumbing systems, etc.
  • The personal contents coverage package covers furniture and electronics, clothing, curtains, portable appliances, freezers, and certain valuables.

What doesn't flood insurance cover?

Just as important as it is to know what the insurance covers, it's essential to understand what it doesn't. Here are some examples of the expenses and properties that fall outside the scope of a basic flood insurance policy:

  • Moisture or mildew/ mold damage the homeowner could have avoided.
  • Precious metals, currency, and paper valuables, like stock certificates
  • Living expenses
  • Outdoor property, like decks, fences, patios, pools, and hot tubs
  • Self-propelled vehicles

One of our knowledgeable agents at MTC Insurance Agency Group will help you understand the coverage details, limitations, and exclusions that come with your policy. This will help you make good choices for your specific situation.

With insurance coverage and knowledge, you can effectively protect your home against water damage if you're a Washington resident and interested in learning more, contact one of our associates today.