Does your home business require commercial insurance?

Basing your business in your home is becoming more and more common. It allows you to start a business without having to invest in a building or a rental location. You may already have an office at home, and it can be converted to business use inexpensively. At MTC Insurance Agency Group in University Place, WA, we understand the risks that all small businesses face and those that are home-based need to have the right type of commercial insurance. 

Commercial Insurance Coverage Options

Commercial property insurance

When your home is the property where your business is located, you may assume that your home property insurance will protect you. That is not likely to be the case. Commercial property insurance also covers the things you use for business and home content insurance will not cover your business content. It is very important to protect your business assets, and it takes commercial property insurance to do that. 

Commercial liability insurance

If you are having customers or clients visit, you are your home you are taking a major risk. If they are injured, they may decide to sue you. If they do, your home insurance liability will not cover you. It doesn’t cover those visiting for business. You could also be sued by a client who is unhappy with the product or service you provided. You need commercial liability insurance to protect you. 

Commercial auto insurance

If you need to deliver products or use your personal vehicle for business purposes, it is necessary that you have commercial auto coverage since personal auto insurance does not protect you if your vehicle is being used for business. 

Consult With Us

Contact MTC Insurance Agency Group in University Place, WA when you need our help with your commercial insurance needs. We can recommend the kinds of coverage that best fit your business.